Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks and Christmas Cheer

     Thanksgiving is usually spent at my grandmother's house (Dad's side) and this year was the same. There I saw one of my favorite cousins. We spent most of the time talking about Girl Genius and teaching the younger ones about being minions. When I got home I made a list of what I am thankful for this year. These are, of course, not in order of importance.
  1. Grandparents
  2. Cousins (even the little ones)
  3. Uncles
  4. Aunts
  5. My Sister
  6. My Brothers
  7. Mom
  8. Dad
  9. Deviled Eggs
  10. Green Beans
  11. Carbonated Sugar Water
  12. Girl Genius
  13. Books
  14. My Boyfriend
  15. My Friends
  16. The Felines
  17. Snow
  18. Warmth
  19. Meat
  20. Chocolate Cake
  21. Chocolate Pie
    Black Friday the older of my two brothers came to help us with the tree. We erected it without any difficulty and set about decorating it. As always the angels were placed near the top. On the very top was placed the star. Our brother did that part. We arranged the nativity scene at the base and turned on the little lights. It was beautiful.
     After the tree was done we sat and watched the first half of The Hogfather. After that I took a nap for about ten minutes. I woke up and slid out from under my covers. I was just in time to greet my other brother as he came through the door. After that we watched Fifth Element and Sixth Sense. The younger brother left just before the scary parts started. When the older one left as well I talked with my parents then went to bed. The next day I wrapped Christmas presents. All in all, it has been a busy week, and there is still more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment