Friday, July 27, 2012

A Porcelain Doll Loved By Her Maker

"There's a girl in the corner with tear stains on her eyes from the places she's wandered and the shame she can't hide. She says, 'How did I get here? I'm not who I once was...'" -- You Are More by Tenth Avenue North

I think we're all in a corner at some point in our lives. The world pushes and shoves, and we get lost and hurt. It's almost like we're porcelain dolls, played with by children. Sometimes someone says or does something, and it's like a child threw you across the room to see if you could fly and you end up fractured. The perpetrator doesn't mean to hurt you, but doesn't think to check to see if you're okay. Other times we do something and believe that we can't be forgiven or that no one will love us because of it, and that can hurt us too. I have a few words to tell you. It's why I am able to go through the world without shattering completely.

God loves us and always will. No matter what we do or say, He loves us.

God crafted us with His own hands. Each doll unique and surrounded by His love, but we're more than dolls. We make our own decisions, and even though it causes Him grief to see us turn our backs to him, He lets us, so we can learn. We are head strong and fragile, yet He loves us more than any mortal can conceive. When we fall, He picks us up and washes not only our tear stained faces, but also our aching hearts. He washes away our sins because of love. He's our Father.

I was playing around on YouTube, watching the music video for Lift Me Up by The Afters, and I found a music video for a band I had vaguely heard of. I figured it wouldn't hurt to expand my musical database a little. I nearly cried. When I showed it to my mother she had one word for it. Powerful. Yes, the music was good, but I don't think there could be better visuals for it. I recommend that you watch it. It's alright if you don't like it; I won't judge you for that, but the message is strong and true. Here's a link: You Are More by Tenth Avenue North

God has gifted these young men with the ability to spread his word and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment